Concrete Floor Cleaning Process and Tips
Concrete floors are trendy these days. However, it used to be considered to be an outdoor floor material in the past. But recently, people are giving their indoor floor a new look with concrete flooring. There are plenty of reasons for that. Concrete floors are stylish, decorative, easy to clean, easy to maintain as long as you seal correctly and are durable.
Not all concrete floors are the same. Different concrete floors have different approaches to their cleaning. Here we will talk about cleaning two primary types of concrete floors- decorative concrete floor and standard concrete floor.
Decorative Concrete Floor
- Decorative concrete floors are stain-resistant and highly durable. These floors will last up to as long as you live, given that you maintain them properly. There are few things you should do to preserve your decorative concrete floor-
- It would help if you started by sweeping the floor properly and then use a dust mol to clear the floor from any additional dirt or debris.
- Then it would be best if you started mopping the floor with a warm water solution. Just use dish wash soap or any mild soap or detergent in the warm water. Do not use any harsh chemicals, vinegar, ammonia etc., as these can ruin the shine of your floor.
- Remember to mop the floor in small sections and wring out additional water solution from the mop before starting. After cleaning the whole place, repeat the process of moping again for perfection.
To keep the shine, your concrete floor may need rebuffing occasionally. Make sure to reseal the floor every 3 to 4 years to keep it in good condition. You could buy an expensive buffer and sealant to do the job yourself, but some things like floor buffing and floor sealing should be left to professionals. Doing it alone could accidentally damage your floor as you might not have the proper knowledge like professionals. Remember to contact Valor Janitorials for the best outcome.
Call Now or Fill out the Contact Form
Standard Concrete Floor
- As standard concrete floors are primarily for exterior purposes (mostly garages), they should be swept regularly. For better maintenance, you should give your standard concrete floor deep cleaning. Here's how you can clean the floor to keep it in optimum condition-
- Clean out the whole place of everything to prepare it for cleaning. Now sweep the entire area of dust and debris.
- After cleaning out the place of dirt, dust or debris, make sure to hose down the whole area for proper cleaning. Spray the entire site, giving special attention to cracks that could contain stubborn dust. Do the corners attentively, as well as dirt and grime tend to build up in the corners.
- Now use a cleaner suitable for concrete cleaning and scrub the whole floor nicely. Rinse again with high pressure.
Standard concrete floors are incredibly durable, and a little maintenance work will keep them in perfect condition for a long time. But sometimes the floor gets extremely dirty, and you might need to use a power washer for cleaning. Try not to attempt to do it alone. Call us, and we will clean the whole place for you. We are professional and experienced and can execute the work flawlessly.
Floor Cleaning and Maintenance Service with Us
We are an award-winning, IICRC certified company, and we have expertise in cleaning and maintaining all types of floors. Our time-tested technology and excellent crew make us a top-notch company to look for. So, why waste time when you can have us over and do the job of cleaning your concrete floor at a lucrative price?
Contact us online or call us today at 214-238-9550 for your floor cleaning and other services, including floor buffing, floor sealing, carpet cleaning, carpet protection, and other services.